20 last messages
The reason is that although it is possible to improve your grade, it is also possible to flunk if you are unlucky, and the damage is great:
1) If you flunk "MOED BET" after passing "MOED ALEPH" then you flunk the course, and there is nothing I can do for you in that case, you cannot undo the 2nd exam.
2) Flunking the course, even after passing "MOED ALEPH", means you need to take the course again and do everything again. This includes all labs and assignments in the version of the course you flunked. There were rumors circulated by students that the second time around you get exemptions from the labs, make no mistake: these rumors are false.
Note that it is not really too much effort for us to grade a few more multiple-choice exams.
The reason for this message is in order to minimize the number of truly sad stories of this type that happen every year!
- An exam grade of 56 or higher.
- A passing grade in at least 7 labs.
- An average of 56 or higher in all 9 labs.
Nevertheless, we will allow additional cases to pass the course, under special conditions and with a different method of final grade computation, as follows:
- With an exam grade of 54 or 55, we compute a final grade with lab and assignment grade weight HALF of the normal weight.
- With an exam grade of 53, we do as in the previous case, and if the resulting average grade is 60 or more, the final course grade is 56.
- With a passing grade in only 6 labs, we divide the lab grades by 2 in computing a final grade.
- With a passing grade in only 5 labs, we consider all lab grades to be zero when computing a final grade.
Naturally, anyone falling under one of the above 4 cases who does not like the special way we compute the final grade should tell me ASAP and receive the default failing grade instead.
מחר(חמישי 6.7) יתקיימו שעות קבלה מ-שעה 12 עד 2 בניין 37 חדר 504.
בברכה, אמיתי שאער
לכל מי שלא נבדק עדיין באחד מתרגילי בית (לא כולל תרגיל 4).
נא להרשם , זו ההזדמנות האחרונה והיחידה.
הרישום לבדיקה יופוע תחת לרגיל בית 3.
Despite this fact, it seems that these labs are now full somehow.
If you registered to one of the Thursday labs and you do not belong to one of the groups above, you may not be accepted to the lab tomorrow if it's full.
To prevent your grade from being hurt by this, contact me/your TA today, and we'll see what can be done. If you don't, you will lose the chance to complete this lab.
אפשרי בכתב יד
Note that there are extra slots on Thursday. These slots are prioritized for students registered to Wednesday labs and those who celebrate Eid-Al-Fitr.
If you don't belong to either of these groups, you should try and register to a completion lab on Monday or Tuesday.
Also, during setting up the sign up page, it was prematurely opened for students. Some of you signed up for some slots during the brief period in which it was open (kudos on the quick mouse work). Due to the way the Course-Wiki system is set up, these registrations were deleted. Those students should register again. Sorry.
שעות הקבלה שלי ביום שלישי 4 ליולי מבוטלות (לא אהיה בארץ), ובמקום זה אתן שעות קבלה של שלוש שעות יום לפני מועד א, 9 ליולי 12-15
The frontal checks location is building 34 lab 316.
Please be prepared to answer questions on your code and design.
Please arrive to the lab at least 20 minutes before the check.
Students that will not come to the slot they have registered, will get 0.
As before, if you do not like the new deadline, the old deadline applies to you.