Welcome to the (old) homepage of Hanan ShpunginCurrently I am a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo.
You are being redirected in 5 seconds.
|Address:||Department of Computer Science|
|University of Calgary|
|2500 University Dr. NW|
|Canada T2N 1N4|
ResearchMy current research focuses on developing approximation algorithms for various optimization problems in the field of wireless ad-hoc networks. More specifically, I am interested in network fault tolerance and topology control problems under several optimization criteria - total energy consumption and network lifetime. An additional branch in my research is low cost spanner construction.
My most recent work was done in context of applying the probabilistic approach to better understand the fundamental properties of wireless networks.
For more information, visit here (alternatively, there is a navigation link on the left-hand side).
- TPC member GLOBECOM 2010, TAPAS 2011, WiOPT 2011, Networking 2011, FOMC 2011
- Session Chair INFOCOM 2010 (mini-conference), SECON 2010
- Publicity Chair Med-Hoc-Net 2009
- Reviews for journals
- Reviews for conferences
MOBICOM, MOBIHOC, INFOCOM, SECON, ICCSC, DISC, WCNC, SOCG, DCOSS
- Rector's prize for distinguished student (1999).
- Department of Computer Science prize for excellence in research (2007).
- Intel prize for excellence in PhD studies (2007).
- Zabey prize for an outstanding research (2008).
- Friedman prize for excellence in research (2008).