A note for prospective MSc or PhD students.
My research areas are computer vision and machine learning.
My current focus is on Bayesian nonparametric methods and on geometric transformations in deep learning.
I'm particularly interested in problems such as: unsupervised or semi-supervised learning; video and motion analysis; statistical image models; image or signal alignment; multiple-camera or multiple-sensor settings.
Recent or current research topics (with plenty of overlap)
- Computer vision:
geometry in deep learning;
motion and tracking;
- Statistical inference and machine learning:
Bayesian methods; geometry in machine learning;
parallel and distributed computing for inference.
Past research topics
- Applications of Lie groups and/or Riemannian manifolds
- 3D scene analysis
- Representations and statistical models of articulated pose and/or non-rigid human shape (both 2D and 3D)
- Applications of computer-vision techniques
(pose estimation, video tracking) for neuroscience
- Statistical methods for Brain MRI segmentation