My research areas are computer vision and machine learning.
My current focus is on Bayesian nonparametric methods and on geometric transformations in deep learning.
I'm particularly interested in problems such as: unsupervised or semi-supervised learning; video and motion analysis; statistical image models; image or signal alignment; multiple-camera or multiple-sensor settings.
Recent or current research topics (with plenty of overlap)
- Computer vision:
geometry in deep learning;
motion and tracking;
- Statistical inference and machine learning:
Bayesian methods; geometry in machine learning;
parallel and distributed computing for inference.
Past research topics
- Applications of Lie groups and/or Riemannian manifolds
- 3D scene analysis
- Representations and statistical models of articulated pose and/or non-rigid human shape (both 2D and 3D)
- Applications of computer-vision techniques
(pose estimation, video tracking) for neuroscience
- Statistical methods for Brain MRI segmentation