EasyFirst Syntactic Dependency Parsing
Morphological Disambiguator for Hebrew
Named Entity Recognition in Hebrew
Hebrew Vocalization (Nikud)
Name Transliteration (English → Hebrew)
Topic Modeling in Hebrew
Hebrew OCR with Tesseract
Recognizing Paraphrases in Hebrew
- Medical Hebrew NLP
- English Medical NLP
Natural Language Generation (NLG)
- Tal Baumel, Matan Eyal, Michael Elhadad,
Query Focused Abstractive Summarization: Incorporating Query Relevance, Multi-Document Coverage, and Summary Length Constraints into seq2seq Models,
arXiv preprint arXiv:1801.07704, (2018)
- Jumana Nassour, Michael Elhadad, Arnon Sturm, Eric Yu,
Evaluating the comprehension of means-ends maps,
Software & Systems Modeling, Springer, 2018
- Tal Baumel, Jumana Nassour-Kassis, Raphael Cohen, Michael Elhadad, Noemie Elhadad
Multi-label classification of patient notes a case study on ICD code assignment,
Workshops at the Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2018,
- Tal Baumel, Raphael Cohen, Michael Elhadad,
Sentence embedding evaluation using pyramid annotation,
Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Evaluating Vector-Space Representations for NLP (2016)
- Avi Hayoun and Michael Elhadad, The Hebrew FrameNet Project, LREC (2016),
- Tal Baumel, Raphael Cohen and Michael Elhadad, Topic Concentration in Query Focused Summarization Dataset
AAAI (2016), paper.
- Raphael Cohen, Iddo Aviram, Michael Elhadad, Noemie Elhadad,
Redundancy-Aware Topic Modeling for Patient Record Notes,
PLOS One (2014),
- Tal Baumel, Raphael Cohen and Michael Elhadad.Query-Chain Focused Summarization
ACL (2014), paper.
- Raphael Cohen and Michael Elhadad,
Effect of Out Of Vocabulary terms on inferring eligibility criteria for a retrospective study in Hebrew EHR
Proceedings of the 2013 Workshop on Biomedical Natural Language Processing (2013),
- Yoav Goldberg, Michael Elhadad,
Word segmentation, unknown-word resolution, and morphological agreement in a hebrew parsing system,
Computational Linguistics, 39/1 pp121-160, MIT Press (2013)
- Raphael Cohen, Michael Elhadad and Ohad Birk.Analysis of free online physician advice services PLOS ONE (2013), paper.
- Raphael Cohen, Michael Elhadad and Noemie Elhadad. Redundancy in electronic health record corpora: analysis, impact on text mining performance and mitigation strategies BMC bioinformatics (2013), paper
- Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad,
Precision-biased Parsing and High-Quality Parse Selection,
arXiv preprint arXiv:1205.4387,
- Raphael Cohen and Michael Elhadad. Syntactic Dependency Parsers for Biomedical-NLP, AMIA Symposium 2012 (pdf).
- Raphael Cohen, Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad. Domain Adaptation of a Dependency Parser with a Class-Class Selectional Preference Model ACL 2012 - Student Workshop. Google Best Paper Award. (paper)
- Shay Zakov, Yoav Goldberg, Michael Elhadad and Michal Ziv-Ukelson,
Rich Parameterization improves RNA Structure Prediction.
Journal of Computational Biology. November 2011: 1525-1542.(paper)
- Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, Joint Hebrew Segmentation and Parsing using a PCFGLA Lattice Parser.
ACL-2011 (Short Paper) (pdf)
- Raphael Cohen, Avitan Gefen, Michael Elhadad and Ohad S Birk, CSI-OMIM - Clinical Synopsis Search in OMIM. BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12:65, BioMed Central.
- Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, An Efficient Algorithm for Easy-First Non-Directional Dependency Parsing, NAACL 2010, Los Angeles,
- Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, Easy-First Dependency Parsing of Modern Hebrew, SPMRL 2010, an NAACL/HLT workshop on Statistical Parsing of Morphologically Rich Languages, Los Angeles,
- Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, Hebrew Dependency Parsing: Initial Results, IWPT-2009, Paris,
- Michael Elhadad, David Gabay and Yael Netzer, Automatic Evaluation of
Search Ontologies in the Entertainment Domain using Natural Language
To appear in Applied Semantic Web Technology, Taylor and Francis
Publishers, 2010, Ed. Vijayan Sugumaran and Jon Gulla.
Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, On the Role of Lexical Features
in Sequence Labeling, EMNLP 2009, Singapore,
Yael Netzer, David Gabay, Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, Gaiku : Generating Haiku withWord Associations Norms, in NAACL Workshop on Computational Approaches to Linguistic Creativity, 2009
Yael Netzer, David Gabay, Meni Adler, Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, Ontology Evaluation Through Text Classification, ENQOIR 2009, Suzhou, China,
Yoav Goldberg, Reut Tsarfaty, Meni Adler and Michael Elhadad, Enhancing Unlexicalized Parsing Performance
using aWide Coverage Lexicon, Fuzzy Tag-set Mapping,
and EM-HMM-based Lexical Probabilities, EACL 2009, Athens, Greece,
David Gabay, Ziv Ben-Eliahu and Michael Elhadad, Using Wikipedia Links
to Construct Word Segmentation Corpora, in Proceedings of the
WIKIAI-08 Workshop, AAAI-2008 Conference, Chicago,
Meni Adler, Yoav Goldberg, David Gabay and Michael Elhadad, Unsupervised Lexicon-Based Resolution of Unknown Words for Full Morphological Analysis, ACL 2008,
Yoav Goldberg, Meni Adler and Michael Elhadad, EM Can Find Pretty Good HMM POS-Taggers (When Given a Good Start), ACL 2008,
Yoav Goldberg and Reut Tsarfaty, A Single Generative Model for Joint Morphological Segmentation and Syntactic Parsing , ACL 2008,
Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, splitSVM: Fast, Space-Efficient, non-Heuristic, Polynomial Kernel Computation for NLP Applications, ACL 2008 (short paper),
Meni Adler, Yael Netzer, David Gabay, Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, Tagging a Hebrew Corpus: The Case of Participles, LREC 2008,
Yoav Goldberg and Reut Tsarfaty, Word-Based or Morpheme-Based? Annotation Strategies for Modern Hebrew Clitics, LREC 2008,
Yael Netzer, Meni Adler and Michael Elhadad, Word Prediction in Hebrew – Preliminary and Surprising Results, ISAAC 2008,
Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, Identification of Transliterated Foreign Words in Hebrew Script , CICLING 2008,
Yael Netzer, Meni Adler, David Gabay, and Michael Elhadad, Can you tag the modal? You should, in Proceedings of the ACL 2007 Workshop on Semitic Languages Processing, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2007,
(8 pages, 89K, pdf).
Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad, SVM Model Tampering and Anchored Learning: A Case Study in Hebrew NP Chunking, in Proceedings ACL 2007, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2007,
(8 pages, 178K, pdf).
Yael Netzer , Ofer Biller, Michael Elhadad and Yoav Goldberg, Generating Language from BlissSymbols Using Semantic Authoring, in Proceedings of 12th Biennial International Conference of the International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Dusseldorf, Germany, August 2006,
Meni Adler and Michael Elhadad, An Unsupervised Morpheme-Based HMM for Hebrew Morphological Disambiguation, in Proceedings of COLING-ACL 2006, Sydney, Australia, July 2006,
(8 pages, 140K, pdf)
Yoav Goldberg, Meni Adler, and Michael Elhadad, Noun Phrase Chunking in Hebrew Influence of Lexical and Morphological Features, in Proceedings of COLING-ACL 2006, Sydney, Australia, July 2006,
(8 pages, 207K, pdf)
Yael Netzer From Symbols to Language, Israeli Annual of ISAAC (Israeli Chapter of the International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication, June 2006,
(in Hebrew, doc)
Yael Netzer and Michael Elhadad, Using Semantic Authoring for Blissymbols Communication Boards, in Proceedings of Human Language Technology Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association of Computational Linguistics, (Poster Session), New York, USA, June 4-9, 2006,
Ofer Biller, Michael Elhadad and Yael Netzer, Interactive Authoring of Logical Forms for Multilingual Generation, in Proceedings of the European Workshop on Natural Language Generation, Aberdeen, 2005,
(8 pages, 92K, pdf)
- Michael Elhadad, Yael Netzer, Regina Barzilay, Kathleen McKeown
Ordering Circumstantials for Multi-document Summarization
Presented at BISFAI'01, June 2001,
(15 pages, 210K pdf)
- Hongyan Jing, Yael Dahan Netzer, Michael Elhadad, Kathleen McKeown
Integrating a Large-Scale, Reusable Lexicon with a Natural Language Generator
Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Natural Language Generation, Mitzpe Ramon, 2000, pp.209--216
(8 pages, 73K
postscript gzipped, pdf)
- Yael Dahan-Netzer & Michael Elhadad
Bilingual Hebrew-English Generation of Possessives and Partitives:
Raising the Input Abstraction Level
Proceedings of the 37th meeting of the ACL, Maryland, 1999, pp.144--151
- R. Barzilay, K. McKeown and M. Elhadad,
Information Fusion in the Context of Multi-Document Summarization
in Proc. of the 37th Association for Computational Linguistics,
Maryland, 1999, pp550--557.
(8 pages, 330K
- Yael Dahan-Netzer & Michael Elhadad
Generation of Noun Compounds in Hebrew:
Can Syntactic Knowledge be Fully Encapsulated?
Proceedings of the Ninth International Workshop on Natural Language
Generation (INLG'98), Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, 1998.
(10 pages, 45K
- Yael Dahan-Netzer & Michael Elhadad
Generating Determiners and Quantifiers in Hebrew
Proceedings of the Workshop on Semitic Languages, ACL'98, Montreal,
(9 pages, 41K
- Hongyan Jing, Regina Barzilay, Kathleen McKeown, and Michael Elhadad
``Summarization Evaluation Methods: Experiments and Analysis'',
AAAI Symposium on Intelligent Summarization,
March 23-25, 1998, Stanford University, CA.
(9 pages, 53K
- Regina Barzilay & Michael Elhadad
``Using Lexical Chains for Text Summarization'', in Proceedings of the
Intelligent Scalable Text Summarization Workshop (ISTS'97), ACL, Madrid, 1997.
(9 pages, 198K
- Matan Eyal, Question Answering as an Automatic Summarization Evaluation Metric,
MSc Thesis, Sep 2018, pdf.
- Dan Schulman, Recognizing and Generating Natural Language Referring Expressions in Images,
MSc Thesis, Aug 2018, pdf.
- Ben Eyal, Building a Hebrew FrameNet Lexical Resource from Parallel Movie Subtitles,
MSc Thesis, Feb 2018, pdf, slides.
- Asi Sheffer, Natural Language Object Retrieval with Cross Domain Retrieval, MSc Thesis, Feb 2018
- Tal Baumel, Query Focused Summarization Using Seq2seq Models, PhD Thesis, Jan 2018
- Tal Baumel, Query Chain Focused Summarization, MSc Thesis, Mar 2014,
- Raphael Cohen, Towards Understanding of Medical Hebrew, PhD Thesis, Nov 2012,
- Iddo Aviram, Effective Topics Models for Query Retrieval Task and
Redundant Corpora, MSc Thesis, Sep 2012, pdf.
- Eran Tomer, Automatic Hebrew Text Vocalization, MSc Thesis,
January 2012, (pdf,
- Masha Igra, Use of LDA Topics in Aspect and Sentiment Analysis,
MSc Thesis, January 2013, (pdf, slides
- Gabriel Stanovsky, A Study in Hebrew Paraphrase Identification,
MSc Thesis, Dec 2012, (pdf,
- Yoni Lev, Statistics-Based Methods for Error Detection and Correction in Modern Hebrew , MSc Thesis, Ben Gurion University, Israel, December 2012 (pdf).
- Yoav Goldberg, Automatic Syntactic Processing of Modern Hebrew,
PhD Thesis, Ben Gurion University, Israel, June 2011.
hebrew online demo,
- David Gabay, "Authorship Attribution in Modern Hebrew", Msc. Thesis, Ben
Gurion University, Israel, June 2008.
Meni Adler, Hebrew Morphological Disambiguation: An Unsupervised Stochastic Word-based Approach, Phd. Thesis, Ben Gurion University, September 2007.
(pdf, online demo)
- Oren Hazai, "Text Categorization using Lexical Chains", Msc. Thesis, Ben
Gurion University, Israel, March 2006.
Yael Netzer, Semantic Authoring for Blissymbols Augmentative Communication Using Multilingual Text Generation, Phd. Thesis, Ben Gurion University, November 2005.
- Naama Ben Mordecai, "Hebrew Named Entity Recognition", Msc. Thesis, Ben
Gurion University, Israel, September 2005.
(pdf, online demo and package)
- Ofer Biller, "Semantic Authoring for Multilingual Text Generation", Msc. Thesis, Ben
Gurion University, Israel, March 2005.
(pdf, SAUT package)
- Gennadiy Lembersky, Named entity recognition in Hebrew language;
Hebrew Multiword Expression: approaches and recognition methods, Msc. Thesis, Ben
Gurion University, Israel, March 2003.
- Kharitonov Mark,CFUF: A Fast Interpreter for the Functional Unification Formalism, Msc. Thesis, Ben
Gurion University, Israel, November 1998.
- Regina Barzilay, Lexical Chains for Summarization, MSc. Thesis,
November 1997, pdf.
- Yael Dahan Netzer "Design and Evaluation of a Functional Input
Specification Language for the Generation of Bilingual Nominal Expressions
(Hebrew/English)" Msc. Thesis, Ben Gurion University, November 1997.