Natural Language Processing (202-2-5211)
Sun 09-10 Bdg 28 Room 204
Sun 10-12 Bdg 28 Room 201
Tue 09-11 Bdg 72 Room 217
- Linguistic Concepts
- Context Free Grammars Parsing
- Compositional Semantic from CFG Parsing
- Advanced Syntactic Issues: quantification, accessibility, binding and control
- First-Order Logic
- Semantic Interpretation and DCGs
- Language Models and n-grams
- Additions on DCGs (for HW2)
- NLTK Installation: Nltk is a Python based toolkit with wide coverage of NLP techniques - both statistical and knowledge-based.
- SISC Scheme Interpreter: we use Scheme examples to demonstrate algorithms in parsing, generation and some semantic analysis. This interpreter is very small and convenient to use on any platform supporting Java (full version is 2.4MB with full doc - jar is 300KB).
- SWI Prolog - a Prolog Interpreter for running the Computational Semantics programs.
Last modified March 18, 2007