1 The Goal
5.2 Final Exam
Welcome to Data Structures homepage
This is a united course page for CS and Ahva
The GoalThe goals of this course are to learn a variety of useful data structures and to use them properly when designing efficient algorithms. During this process we will define (asymptotic) runtime and space efficiency of algorithms and their data structures. We will learn how to design algorithms and data structures to efficiently solve problems.
ContactFor any problem that doesn't have to do with the material of the course, fill in the this form. Examples for this are Miluim/hospitalization.
For questions regarding the course material or homework assignments, use the Forum. You are welcome to come to office hours, we'll be glad to have you.
StaffSee Course info
TextbooksWe encourage you to try several textbooks and see which fits you best. Here are few suggestions:
- Introduction to Algorithms, Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest and Stein (2nd edition, 2001). This is the main textbook. There is also a Hebrew edition.
- Algorithm design : foundations, analysis, and Internet examples, Michael T. Goodrich, Roberto Tamassia.
- Data structures and algorithms in Java, Michael T. Goodrich, Roberto Tamassia.
- Data structures and algorithms, Alfred V. Aho, John E. Hopcroft. Jeffrey D. Ullman.
- Data structures & their algorithms, Harry R. Lewis, Larry Denenberg.
- Algorithms in C++, Robert Sedgewick.
Homework AssignmentsThe weight of the homework assignments is 10%. Read the instructions and the grading policy: Homework Policy
For special cases, such as army reserve, hospitalization, etc. an exemption or extension from an assignment might be approved, under the right conditions. You should state the reason for your exemption / extension, and must send the appropriate documentation. All special cases are handled only in the Application form. Only requests that are received before the relevant deadline will be considered.
- For 1-5 days of army reserve - you'll get extension of 2 days.
- For more than 5 days of army reserve - you'll get exemption of the assignment.
- One day delay in submission - cost you 20% of the grade.
- Two days delay in submission - cost you 40% of the grade.
- More than 2 days delay in submission - you'll get no points for that assignment.