· Design of Algorithms
· Optimization, Matching, and Search Algorithms on Strings
Previous Teaching (selected):
Proposed topics for a B.Sc. project:
1. Prediction of periodic access rush times for storage units, in a big storage system. Aim: The units expected to be heavily accessed during a certain time period are moved to the faster memory for that period.
· A lot of REAL access logs are available, for studying them and simulation on them (a rare case, do not miss!).
· Two students may be involved: one on Pattern Recognition thinking, mainly, and one on programming and visualizing the results, mainly.
Head, the Dept.’s Committee for grad students' research excellence
· Kabbalah (Zoar - ARI - Baal Sulam - M. Laitman):
-- Bnej Baruch World Center for Kabbalah Studies: multi-lingual site
-- my old paper on Kabbalah (2003, in Russian): htm file